- http://twitpic.com/2jqi – Seat with a view… That isn’t the ocean. #
- Just landed in Richmond. Picking up the rental car and off to the hotel. #
- mental note, never use priceline… we’re in a NASTY smoking room. Great, saved a few bucks, but lost a year of life to second hand smoke. #
- Leaving the horrible hotel. Brunch with Robert and Erin, then find a new hotel. #
- Great brunch with Robert and erin. Got a new hotel room. Buying jenn a bathing suit then off to the pool. #
- New hotel a million times better! #
- Staying in doubletree downtown. Used CC points to get the room. Great cookies, roof-top pool, beautiful room, great bed, free wifi, NICE! #
I forgot my bathingsuit. Now that we’re in a hotel with a pool (& one that i feel ok to walk around barefoot in) we decided this was a problem. Since my bathingsuit is technically ‘broken’ anyway, we decided it would be acceptable to run by target & buy a new one.
1) It has become increasingly more difficult to find non-bikini’s that are not uber-ugly or uber low-cut (i can only assume the designers are trying to fix the problem of tankini’s being somewhat modest by making them cover as little cleavage as possible).
2) Try as I might to prove my opinion wrong, conventional one-piece bathingsuits just don’t look right on me.
So after trying on about 5 suits….I settled on a “swim dress”. I only picked it up as a half-joke, but it ended up being pretty cute (ryan verified). Even as I was putting it on I said to ryan, “nothing says “I’m a mommy’ like the bathingsuit skirt”. To which he replied, “but you ARE a mommy”. While I definitely think this suit is not your typical “mommy/old lady swim dress”….it clearly says “swim dress” on the label. There goes any thread of hope that perhaps i’m still clinging to coolness.
Here’s hoping that I actually get to use it this weekend, now that we went through all that.
Ryan and Jennifer from the Richmond rooftops…
Part II of the Burns mini-vacation video.
- http://twitpic.com/2hx4 – Watching euro 2008 on tivo with my little girl. #
- Heading off to school. Last day of class is a half day… then home and off to the airport for some R&R in Richmond with my bride. SWEET! #
- About to pack up the books, head home, and then off to the airport! #
- Apparently we are going to be visiting Baltimore this evening. Didn’t see that coming… #
- Ok… Plans change again. Off to Atlanta at 545 and then, God willing, Richmond. #
- On a plane to somewhere… #
- Just landed in Atlanta. The adventure continues… #
Fun… a relative term of course…
Reading the Heidelberg Catechism in class today. Was struck by the end of the second question: “…live and die happily.” I’m in class right now, so no time for commentary… just a copy paste of the Q&A for you.
Question 2. How many things are necessary for thee to know, that thou, enjoying this comfort, mayest live and die happily?
Answer: Three; (a) the first, how great my sins and miseries are; (b) the second, how I may be delivered from all my sins and miseries; (c) the third, how I shall express my gratitude to God for such deliverance. (d)
(a) Matt.11:28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Matt.11:29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. Matt.11:30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light. Luke 24:46 And said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behoved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day: Luke 24:47 And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem. Luke 24:48 And ye are witnesses of these things. 1 Cor.6:11 And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God. Tit.3:3 For we ourselves also were sometimes foolish, disobedient, deceived, serving divers lusts and pleasures, living in malice and envy, hateful, and hating one another. Tit.3:4 But after that the kindness and love of God our Saviour toward man appeared, Tit.3:5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost; Tit.3:6 Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour; Tit.3:7 That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life. (b) John 9:41 Jesus said unto them, If ye were blind, ye should have no sin: but now ye say, We see; therefore your sin remaineth. John 15:22 If I had not come and spoken unto them, they had not had sin: but now they have no cloke for their sin. (c) John 17:3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent. Acts 4:12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved. Acts 10:43 To him (Jesus) give all the prophets witness, that through his name whosoever believeth in him shall receive remission of sins. (d) Eph.5:8 For ye were sometimes darkness, but now are ye light in the Lord: walk as children of light: Eph.5:9 (For the fruit of the Spirit is in all goodness and righteousness and truth;) Eph.5:10 Proving what is acceptable unto the Lord. Eph.5:11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them. 1 Pet.2:9 But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light: 1 Pet.2:10 Which in time past were not a people, but are now the people of God: which had not obtained mercy, but now have obtained mercy. Rom.6:1 What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound? Rom.6:2 God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein? Rom.6:12 Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof. Rom.6:13 Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God.