- Heading out for dinner. Did you know that eating out for every meal for a week is expensive. Oh well. Just enjoy it. #
- http://twitpic.com/dqr7 – Welcome to Bellingham… How’s the beer? #
- Went to check out the YMCA this morning. Then to rei and a nature walk by a waterfall. Now sitting down for lunch at a local burger joint. #
I know we haven’t been blogging much (just twittering) but I hope that will change in the near future. Tomorrow afternoon we will officially move into our new home (which is AMAZING) and we’ll try to get settled. I’m sure that once we’re in and the boxes are unpacked, we’ll find a little more time to write.
It has been a long week on the road and I think we are all ready to get into the house and find some bit of normalcy. The truck should arrive tomorrow morning with our stuff and I hired a few guys to come over in the afternoon to help us unload it. After that, we begin the fun of unpacking all the boxes… which, actually shouldn’t be that bad. My personality is the type that won’t be able to really relax until everything is unpacked and set up… so, I’m thinking we can knock it out in a day or two. Then, that will give me a nice long weekend before I begin my new job at Logos.
We’ve been in Bellingham since yesterday and have been lucky to have BEAUTIFUL weather. Yesterday and today have been in the high 70s with sunny skies. It has been so refreshing out. I’m so happy with the weather. Now, sure, it is going to rain a lot… but I’m still excited about the beauty of this part of the country.
Ok, my battery is about to die and I’m too tired to try and give you any more details on our trip. Like I said, hopefully once we get settled in the house we’ll get back to better blogging. Till then, I’ll keep on tweeting.
- Dinner at whole foods and now kids playing at rei. #
- Dinner at whole foods and now kids playing at rei. #
- Parent said let’s go. Kid said no. Parents seem ok with his decission. Wow… That’s just strange. #
- http://twitpic.com/dnpo – In Seattle airport waiting to go to Bellingham. #
- Very large tattooed biker looking dude at airport reading “shih tzu puppies” magazine. #
- We’re home… What a beautiful day. Sunny and 70. Perfect welcome! #
- Having pizza at a place called Zeeks. #
- That was a great slice of pizza. Tons of yummy toppings.very happy. #
- Heading off to the pacific science center. #
- http://twitpic.com/dh7l – The family weighs over 4000 pounds on the sun. #
- http://twitpic.com/dhad – They have a periscope… Very rear window. #
- http://twitpic.com/dhbm – Not sure that is a legal move #
- Pizza was so good yesterday were going back for lunch today. #
- http://twitpic.com/d6xf – At the coolest REI on the planet. #
- Slept good last night. Everyone managed to sleep in to 7:30. Going to grab some breakfast and coffee… thinking Pike Place today. #
- Off on another Seattle adventure. #
- Having lunch at a busy, slow, pike place resturant with t kids who have been in a stroller for 2 hours. Fun. #
- http://twitpic.com/d0yd – Chillin by the fireplace in the lobby. #
- Grabbing a bite to take back to the room. Can’t wait till it is late enough to put the kids to bed. Doubt we’ll be far behind them. #
- Woke up at 630 this morning. Kids have made a little noise, but seem to still be resting. Think we’ll check out kids museum today. #
- The more a read or see about Washington the more I’m excited about living up here. Ok, finish coffee, shower, and off for an adventure. #
- http://twitpic.com/d3mg – Live TV on the roof out our window. #
- http://twitpic.com/d3ms – On TV and out the window. #
- Today’s agenda includes http://tinyurl.com/5xp4of for the little kids and http://www.rei.com/stores/11 for the big kids #
- I can’t remember the last time I felt this relaxed. It is a really nice feeling. #
- http://twitpic.com/d4c3 – "look dad, I’m jonah" #
- http://twitpic.com/d4dy – Drive the bus. #
- http://twitpic.com/d4fa – Firefighter Asher #
- http://twitpic.com/d4n1 – Lunch break #
Although it’s odd to be waking up to a grey cloudy morning (vs. in Orlando where even when it’s cloudy it’s pretty bright out..), we’re enjoying NOT sweating. heh…i’m even going to wear my hair down today….miracle of all miracles.
We’re in Seattle in a hotel for a few days touring the town, Toddler style before we head up to our new hometown. Going to hit up the Children’s Museum for today’s big outing. Pretty excited about that.
In related news, we read the following this morning in the State Visitor’s Guide, about the city we’re moving to:
Consistenly rated one of the best places to visit in the country by national publications, the Bellingham Mount Baker region offers visitors a fresh change. Outside Magazine named Bellingham as a Top 10 “Dream town”, “outdoorsy community,” and “Best Paddle Town”, while Organic Style touted Bellingham as one of “America’s Healthiest Cities” and National Geographic Adventure named it a top “Adventure Town”.
Wow….we’ll see what it’s like when the “rubber meets the road”…but thus far I’m amazed that God would send us to a place that sounds so much like our “dream home”.
- Off to airport with family. #
- http://twitpic.com/cxsa – At the airport. #
- http://twitpic.com/cxsp – Through security and chilling at the gate. #
- http://twitpic.com/cxuq – Airport gymnastics. #
- http://twitpic.com/cxxf – Ready to fly. #
- http://twitpic.com/cxxg – Ready to fly too. #
- http://twitpic.com/cxyp – Look dad. It says no toothbrushes. #
- Just landed in Seattle! #
- Just changed my blackberry’s time to paciffic. Welcome to your new time zone. #
- http://twitpic.com/czf9 – Snoozers. #
- In the cab. Get, it is raining here. What’s up with that? #
- http://twitpic.com/czqr – Cab #
- http://twitpic.com/d03l – There is a helicopter outside our room. #
- Heading out for our first adventure. #
- it is 4… or is it 7? Trying to keep kids up but we’re all exhausted. Back at hotel after ?lunch/dinner? just chillin. #
- If only we weren’t so tired: http://tinyurl.com/3wag39 #
- Been so busy that I haven’t been able to twitter. Packed moving truck yesterday. Went to visit grandmother today. Dinner with friends 2nite. #