- This is a test tweet for John Calvin. 18:39:45
- Help me test something for a project I’m working on? Tweet about 1 of the following: John Calvin, Calvinism, Calvinist, or Calvin 500. Thx. 19:32:16
- @lenflack thanks for the help. I have a John Calvin related project that will launch soon and I put a little twitter flavor on home page. in reply to lenflack 20:43:57
- Attempting my first WP hosting move. http://www.photographyinspiration.com is the first victim. Figure if it busts into flames it won’t be missed. 23:45:18
I mentioned before that the women’s bible study I attend bi-monthly had been going through the book, “Stepping Heavenward“, with the Study Guide. I jumped in partway through and only ended up working on two sections while we were going through it. Then I gave up, hoping that maybe some day I’d do it on my own. Knowing it was….well…not likely. Then Cheryl mentioned that if we HADN’T “done it”, she recommended we still do and perhaps do it during our devotional time. oh! Man! I recently had the realization that one of my biggest weaknesses is efficiency. I’ve known it all along but could never quite put my finger on the problem. It’s efficiency. If there’s something I need or want to do, I always go about it all wrong and take the long or hard (or impossible) way first and it takes MUCH trial & error to find a good streamlined system. Even then, it’s inevitable that if it’s something visible, when Ryan sees it he shakes his head at me and asks why I don’t do it XYZ way. Arg. Because that, VERY OBVIOUS (and…arg…correct) way NEVER STINKIN’ OCCURRED TO ME!
All that babble to say: Right. Devotional time. Ever since I finished the Hebrews study (studying Hebrews w/some gals in VA via a forum Ryan set up for us…just us, the bible and any commentary resources we found)…which took a year and by the end I was REALLY ready for something else (& no, I am no where near an expert on Hebrews much to my dismay)….I’ve been floundering more or less playing bible roulette in the mornings. Why it never occurred to me to use this resource for my bible study (the study guide has you go through all kinds of bible, applying it to the book….and have i mentioned the book is GREAT. It’s fiction, so very entertaining, yet insightful). I don’t know what’s wrong with my brain, but I guess it’s good insofar as it keeps me reliant on the Church (capital C)…others to push and pull me in the right direction. I NEED community. Thanks Cheryl for being my “Captain Obvious” on this. I love Captain Obvious….I rarely get to BE her.
Right. so the other weakness (because there’s only 2) is that whole “rambling, i can’t be brief” thing. The purpose of this post was to type out this quote that I read this morning in the study guide. Some Good ‘ole Watchman Nee (A pastor in College used to quote him incessantly..in fact i vaguely remember this story from him):
I put in bold what I underlined in my notebook.
Fact, Faith, and Experience were walking along the top of a wall. Fact walked steadily on, turning neither to right nor left and never looking behind. Faith followed, and all went well so long as he kept his eyes focused upon Fact; but as soon as he became concerned about Experience and turned to see how HE was getting on, he lost his balance and tumbled off the wall, and poor old Experience fell down after him.
All temptation is primarily to look within; to take our eyes off the Lord and to take account of appearances. Faith is always meeting a mountain, a mountain of evidence that seems to contradict God’s Word, a mountain of apparent contradiction in the realm of tangible fact – of failures in deed, as well as in the realm of feeling and suggestion – and either faith or the mountain has to go. They cannot both stand. But the trouble is that many a time the mountain stays and faith goes. That must not be. If we resort to our senses to discover truth, we shall find Satan’s lies are often enough true to our experience; but if we refuse to accept as binding anything that contradicts God’s Word and maintain an attitude of faith in Him alone, we shall find instead that Satan’s lies begin to dissolve and that our experience is coming progressively to tally with that Word (59-60)
- New GtS post: Through His Eyes by Jerram Barrs: A Review http://cli.gs/gMjmHD 08:59:17
- http://twitpic.com/2kuna – Picking flowers for back yard. 15:25:05
- It is sunny and 47 out. I have on shorts and a t shirt and am sun bathing! Jenn thinks I’m crazy, but the sun is so warm. Ahhhh! 17:52:56
- The Daily Burns – Impulse “Coffee” review http://cli.gs/WDyLrE 19:53:38
I admit I do have a tendency toward grocery impulse buys. I think i’ve mentioned before how strange my impulse buys tends to be though….like liver….i don’t know.
Anyhow, yesterday I was at the grocery store and near the “natural foods” section there was a huge bin with random items marked to clearance. I couldn’t help myself. I raided it. I found Some organic Grade B maple syrup half off (i bought 3), and Teeccino, for just over $3. I was pretty sure that was an amazing price, so I bought one. I heard of it a few years ago and have wanted to try it, but seeing as how I’ve never seen it in a store, and didn’t want to pay shipping for something I assumed would be gross (yet still i wanted to try it!), I never had. Anyhow, I bought it and made some yesterday. It’s good!
A few disclaimers: I don’t drink coffee regularly, and I like carob (this has carob in it & you can definitely smell it). I WANT to be a coffee drinker. I LIKE coffee, and enjoy the caffeine kick, but every time I start drinking it regularly I start having trouble sleeping (waking up with terrors to be exact…i assume it’s adrenal strain?), and some other ‘female’ problems intensify. I even recently made a conscious decision to start drinking coffee near lunchtime (sure was amazing to not be falling asleep during storytime!), and thought I was doing “ok”, but lo & behold, started waking up in a cold sweat afraid of the boogeyman again. arg. What am I, six?
Anyhow, all that to say, clearly I’m not an expert on coffee taste. However, I’m more of a ‘coffee snob’ than i’d expect, purely because the only coffee I tend to drink is what Ryan makes, and HE’S a coffee snob for sure. He makes good coffee. I have no qualms drinking his black. I can’t handle ‘hotel’ coffee. Even with cream & sugar. I feel like it’s safe to say it tastes like a flavored coffee. Not sure what flavor, but certainly not like “plain” regular coffee…I haven’t compared it side by side yet. The aroma is not super coffee but the ‘mouthfeel’ and aftertaste is for sure coffee. I am typing this with “coffee mouth”.
So, for what it’s worth, if you’ve been tempted to try it: I recommend it. & if you live near me, it’s on sale in the big ‘bargain box’ by the organic dairy stuff in the Cost Cutters off Meridian. …That is, if I haven’t bought it all. I like it a lot, but not enough to pay full price….that stuff’s expensive!
Also I will do my best to get ryan to taste it, but given his extreme snobbishness and apprehension of anything “weird” I offer him….well, we’ll see. In fact I’m afraid he’s not going to let me continue brewing it in his pot. (don’t tell him I’m doing it!)
Update: I just got him to sip it & he definitely did NOT like it. I have been sent to find something to remove the taste from his mouth. But he does not like carob (and he said it’s too sweet).
- GREAT feast with the Williamsons. Kids and adults had a great time. Now to do some work for @Logos and then sleep! 00:37:09
- Save 35% on some great @logos titles – http://e7t.us/TP39py 11:27:29
- Crappy URL shortener. Try this for the @Logos deals: http://tinyurl.com/dgmnhj 11:30:01
- RT @tweetmeme So You’re Thinking About Going to Seminary? Review & Giveaway | Going to Seminary http://tinyurl.com/cxhkt8 11:31:07
- Comcast – Why does my wifi not work in the afternoons? Morning and night, no problem. EVERY afternoon, nothing! Thoughts? 15:34:10
- For a ‘down economy’ the mall is crazy packed! 17:32:48
- I need dress shirts, however most dress shirts are apparently made for men who weight over 200 lbs. arg… 19:01:43
- @jvannoord Dude, have a blast at the Sounders game! I’ll be watching it from home this time. Currently pricing Sounders jersey online. in reply to jvannoord 19:14:28
- Kids are in bed and, thanks to dvr, the sounders game is about to begin. 22:47:04
- The Daily Burns – Logos? http://cli.gs/jZJe3Z 03:42:36
- New GtS post: Interview with Derek Cooper http://cli.gs/P9z3AJ 09:22:44
- So, apparently you can bring animals on the bus… Not just help animals mind you. Dude just brought on a pit bull with a chain for a leash. 11:06:56
- @Rob_Feature – WORDPRESS FOREVER! #BibleTech09 in reply to Rob_Feature 12:55:36
- This is a test… 13:20:39
- RT: @Logos: Follow the BibleTech conversation live at http://www.bibletechconference.com/live.htm. #BibleTech09 14:45:40
- RT: @Logos: Today is the last day to score these titles at 30% off – http://is.gd/oUjL – Use code MMR2 14:58:58
- @johndyer No doubt… you might as well be in Texas! in reply to johndyer 19:55:42
- Tonight we’re having a medieval feast. The kingdom of Williamson will be in attendance. A tournament has been scheduled by knight Asher. 20:30:52
- Looking forward to the Sounders FC game tomorrow night. Wish I could find Sounders shirt in Bellingham. All seem sold out. 20:51:52
So, six months ago I started working for Logos Bible Software. Part of the reason I took the job is because I really love the software and believe it is an amazing tool for Bible study.
Today I got two new titles to add to my digital library that I am REALLY excited about–The Works of Jonathan Edwards and The Works of John Owen. While on the bus this afternoon, exploring the new titles on my laptop, I was so excited that I decided I was going to come home and make a video that shows you a SMALL portion of what Logos Bible Software does and why I like is so much. So, for all my friends and family wondering what Logos is, here is a look at Logos.
- Moving to a new hosting company. Step 1 – Figure out which of the 21 DBs I need to actually move (check). 00:16:00
- New GtS post: Most Downloaded Book http://cli.gs/A76bLr 00:57:16
- @jjustice Right… why didn’t I think of that?!? Oh yeah, because I have no idea what the heck you’re talking about. in reply to jjustice 09:20:45
- 22 Motown hits for $1.99 – http://tinyurl.com/c74y4q&tag=twitterb-20 09:27:32
- Anyone ever tethered their blackberry to their laptop to get internet? Any success? 11:13:46
- The bus is strangely empty today. Is it a holiday or something? 11:21:01
- @TuRtZiLLa Thanks for the heads up. Just applied for mac beta. Looks like a good solution. in reply to TuRtZiLLa 11:52:05
- Just got the works of Edwards and Owen for Logos today. So excited that I’m installing them right now on my bus ride home! 20:32:38
- Enjoying dinner with my beautiful family and thinking about how blessed I am! 22:14:26
- 16 Logos Titles Now 30% off – http://tinyurl.com/cv8cxn — Some GREAT titles here! 01:31:00
- New GtS post: So Your Thinking About Going to Seminary? Review & Giveaway http://cli.gs/Y9Qm3R 09:19:00
- Though I have no idea how I did it, I have the worst pulled groin in my 31 years of life. This might be a sign that I need exercise. 11:16:26
- 13 Great WordPress Speed Tips & Tricks for MAX Performance | Noupe http://bit.ly/mpWvi 12:21:22
- RT @Logos: Save 30% on 16 great Logos titles! http://is.gd/oUjL 13:15:34
- Funniest 4:27 of my twitter life – http://tinyurl.com/d32yf8 14:47:23
- http://twitpic.com/2g4ur – Inc. came in the mail today. I love getting this magazine. 21:08:05
- RT: @BobPritchett: You’re seeing it here first: http://books.logos.com/ is now live; facsimile books from seminary libraries. 22:50:38