- I’m going to buy an external 1TB hard drive today. Any recommendations? 09:54:41
- The Cars movie soundtrack for $1.99 – http://bit.ly/QgQLr 09:58:41
- @kaynemcgladrey Was just looking at one of those. VERY sweet, but too much $$. Trying to stay under $150. in reply to kaynemcgladrey 10:09:27
- Based on price, size and reviews, I think I’m going to go with the Western Digital 1TB My Book. Still looking though. 10:24:25
- Is FireWire 800 worth the extra $50 +/- over USB 2.0? 10:53:01
- For all those who care about my external HD decision, I’m leaning towards SimpleTech Pro Drive 1TB. 11:30:43
- Off 2 buy a $10 paper shredder I found on craigslist. This “light duty” shredder is about to be abused by 2 years of records from my files. 16:01:00
- Upon exiting my car, it shocked me so bad that I dropped my phone. 16:54:20
- Dear stomach, remember when you used to be able to have nachos? That was nice. #old #heartburn 17:12:18
- Asher just learned to use the term ‘score’ as slang for finding something cool. He is saying it a lot now. 17:25:26
- After some issues, HD is formatted. Moving my 50GB Aperture library now. Thinking I’m gonna watch Sounders from home. Sorry copper hog. 20:16:06
- RT: @Jenn_Burns: found out my parents’ neighborhood did not get engulfed in fire. only smoke. good news! 09:44:12
- Opening my inbox at work and hoping for some good news… then reminded myself that Jesus is the good news. Perspective is always helpful. 09:46:10
- Just finished pizza and movie with the family. Tonight was Peter Pan. Not thinking through all the “stuff” I want to get done this weekend. 20:54:09
- Your prayers, and your repentances, and your tears—the whole of them put together—are worth nothing apart from Jesus. – C.S. Spurgeon 08:12:30
- RT: @Jenn_Burns: um..this is where my parents live http://www.thesunnews.com/news/local/story/871953.html 08:54:29
- RT: @Jenn_Burns: yeah, so my parents got evacuated from their house @ 2am this morning. no idea if they’re house is still standing 09:05:21
- @andyfuqua – I’m a mac guy and work @Logos – let me know if you have any questions about Logos for Mac. in reply to andyfuqua 10:55:36
- @cision – Please stop forwarding my calls to the sales guy who isn’t at his desk and makes me leave a voicemail. I want to get a quote. in reply to cision 11:40:56
- @nduhoski Thanks. Just seemed silly to ask to speak to sales and then be sent to a vmail. Talked to Dave just now & like what he had to say. in reply to nduhoski 13:29:21
Guess since it’s been over a month we’re due for a review on the bubble and bee shampoo, lotion stick and (rootbeer..mmm..) lip balm.
For those who missed the first mention of it, I bought the above (actually the lip balm was a freebie!), due to winning a $25 gift card from Traveling with Baby. I went for the Shampoo Discount Package. I have tried plain old castille soap (i think i liked this except the vinegar rinse made me smell of vinegar…but i was doing it wrong. so perhaps i could try just the soap again…), only baking soda (again i did it a bit ‘wrong’ but my hair was breaking, brittle and falling out all over the place…F-R-I-E-D) & aubrey organics shampoo/conditioner (heavy, limp, greasy & buildup issues). Yet still for some reason i felt compelled to try this “for real” natural shampoo, because it had a label that really seemed to live up to the ‘natural’ claim.
I also wanted to try the lotion stick b/c I have also had ‘issues’ with ‘natural’ moisturizers…the reale-o trulio versions doing nothing for me and the super high priced but…”wait..what are all those chemicals on the label? i thought this was natural”..if i’m paying too much for a product I want it to REALLY be “all natural”. I still SO VERY wish plain old coconut oil worked for me….so many people swear by it….ok, i’ll stop before i get bitter.
Here we go: The lip balm:
I did not order this. But i am SO thankful they sent it!! It is rootbeer flavored & boy is it yummy. I have on more than one occasion put it on & then people walk around sniffing asking where the rootbeer smell was coming from. heh. So if you’re into that sort of thing, ++. As for performance, LOVE it. Asher has some chapped lip issues and complains about most chapsticks i put on him b/c they burn, but this does not. However, it DOES help his lips…and I don’t get that ‘chapstick withdrawl’ sensation when i miss a day…if you’re a kindred obsessive chapstick/lip gloss user you know what i mean…they get peely and..well…kinda chapped…like they’re addicted to something in it (i find this most common in the super tingly varieties). weird. anyway, doesn’t happen here.
The lotion Stick:
Went with Chai guy. I LOVE chai tea. mm….and this smell lived up to it. Not sure i’d want my man necessarily smelling like chai tea…though that’s who the scent is intended for. Anyhow, First: this does work great. I had some scaly rough rashy skin on my hands leftover from scratching a rash that enveloped my upper body for a couple weeks (culprit was flax seeds i had started adding to my daily smoothie…weird). Anyhow, no matter what or how much i slathered on my hands, those splotchy rough areas were persistent. Chai guy kicked it out & even though i’ve gotten lazy about using it (& my hands are dry), it’s still gone. The downside? It’s a firm stick…hence the name. NOT conducive for rubbing about on jointed body parts. i found it annoying and time-consuming. I should try the body butter probably. I like slathering moisturizer, not frantically rubbing it until i can get it to the point of attempting a slather sensation.
This is not “normal” shampoo. It is a soap-based hair product that does not come with matching conditioner. You use diluted vinegar as a ‘rinse’, which not only softens & detangles (& adjusts ph or something) but helps remove soap residue. I went with the Lemon shampoo partially b/c my hair is pretty ‘average’ (not super dry, not super greasy) and partially because Ryan dislikes the smell of tea-tree oil (!! i personally really like it).
I was mostly concerned about smelling of vinegar. I used both apple cider vinegar & white vinegar. Both work fine, though I think the white leaves less of a strong odor in the bathroom…but I could be wrong. Ryan is the odor police (who gags after i shower if he enters before it’s been aerated), so ask him. Apparently when my hair is wet, it does have a vinegar aroma, but seeing as how it’s only wet when I’m alone (Ryan is a water hog so we won’t share shower time till we have a double shower head), I don’t mind. As long as I’m not walking around all day smelling of vinegar & people start describing me as “the one with long hair who smells like vinegar”, I’m fine.
As for my hair? I am TOTALLY 100% SOLD. It’s awesome. Shiny, NO fly-aways, not greasy (i wash every other or every 3rd day, and it’s fine, but if it’s 3 days i do have to wash my bangs..and by the end of the day it is evident i need a shower, which i had to do w/regular shampoo anyway), super soft, and i haven’t used any “product” (smoothing spray, mouse, hairspray) in a month. Granted, my ‘styling’ (or lack thereof) doesn’t really cry out for any….but i had gotten dependent on a shine enhancer to both add shine & control flyaways. As mentioned earlier I’m tempted to try plain old castille again but this shampoo uses saponafied jojoba oil as one of the soaps & I’m wondering if that makes a good bit of difference (jojoba oil is supposed to be very close to the oil that our body makes which naturally softens our hair). I’m loving my hair lately so I’m not in a rush to mess that up.
There you have it. When I run out if it is “ok’d” by the bookeeper I absolutely will buy more shampoo from them. I’d like to try the body butter too, but I have a hard time spending money on beauty care products so we’ll see if I ever get around to it. I am not being paid to endorse them, I’m just happy to do it gratis.
Also, I made sure to type this up tonight b/c their deodorant is apparently being featured on a “green” segment on the Today Show tomorrow 7-11am (Eastern Standard…I don’t know what that means for us Pacific folks, and I’m too lazy to look it up since um…I’m not sure any Pacific folks even read the blog). I thought that was fun.
- I can’t listen to @The_Proclaimers without smiling. One of my favorite bands of all time… and the first tape I ever bought. 17:27:45
- @edstetzer Tell @chankilgore that @ryan_burns said hi and he and @jenn_burns miss CrossPointe. I’m drinking out of my CP coffee mug now. in reply to edstetzer 19:20:40
- http://twitpic.com/3qy8c – Tuesday night date night. Copper Hog FTW. 20:29:09
- Forgot wallet this morning. Had to SPRINT to house and back to bus stop. I made it with 0 seconds and 0 oxygen to spare. Soooo out of shape. 09:05:37
- Just stepped outside to see the sun… bad idea… it is AMAZING out there. Work will officially be harder for the rest of the day. 15:05:10
- http://twitpic.com/3oip3 – I’m about to love me some benadryl! 16:34:07
I think i’ve decided Dandelions are my favorite flower. I don’t care if they’re not ‘really’ flowers. we seem to be living in the capital of the dandelion world. they’re EVERYWHERE. the kids are so excited. flowers everywhere AND they’re allowed to pick each and every one! We have had a consistent glass filled with them this whole week.
I already posted about the song last year, so I won’t re-do that. Just read this old post & it explains why they’re among my favorite flowers (daisies of all kinds being next in line). Why I love Dandelions