- of course the day i cave and tell the kids we're going to jump around fun zone (half off today), it's not raining… 11:05:27
- @mommyknows day after thanksgiving. that way instead of it being depressing to take it down after christmas, i'm more than ready. in reply to mommyknows 13:14:29
- just back from a morning of kids running, bouncing & sliding while I read math & art lesson books & did some 'preschool'/crafts planning. 13:16:46
- entering a new phase in life. asher reads pretty darn well these days & reads my emails & twitter over my shoulder. 14:51:37
- wonder if that means i should unfollow @presbypaul. 14:53:41
- my wedding ring has slipped off my finger & flung itself across the room 3 times today. 16:25:32
- RT @Logos: Michael Heiser, @Logos Academic Editor, shares his thoughts on the #SBL09 Bible Software Shootout – http://bit.ly/Mheiser #
- @deadwoods I think protocol is to tell him everything after Green was downhill. in reply to deadwoods #
- @deadwoods, also, just saw the pics of the tat… who's the dude with the beard taking the picture? #
- ESPN magazine – 1 year subscription for $5 (SERIOUSLY) http://bit.ly/5DWsEA #
- @deadwoods I know you took the pic… I was making fun of your beard. Did you pass on my message to Michael? in reply to deadwoods #
- If you email me and ask me to send you my email address… I might not reply. Sorry. #
- I'm being uber cheesy online in a way that only @danpritchett2 would appreciate. #
- RT @ddunkin: Coming soon: Logos for iPhone 1.1. I just sent it to Apple. // NICE! #
- @mommyknows about the same as Pops cereal or something. should be legit. the holidays are definitely upon us, right? in reply to mommyknows 09:23:07
- grace told a pretty good, "if you give a grace a wheat berry" story (her variation on "if you give a mouse a cookie" series) 10:42:38
- lamb pastries for dinner (lamb from a friend who raised 2), wanted to serve w/french onion soup but don't want to make a grocery run. 13:16:48
- @marusekmi thanks! it's not naturally wavy like that though. it was braided for sleeping the night before. in reply to marusekmi 15:17:56
- craving 4 french onion soup beat out the 'don't want to leave the house' laziness. it'll be a good cold rainy day dinner. 15:19:15
- @deadwoods gonna need a better pic. there was a glare. in reply to deadwoods 08:42:19
- came home from the auction last night w/a 'locavore's basket'. 2day had duck eggs, roll w/honey & jam all from my friend's yard. 14:39:50
- i was also surprised at the interest in my sprouted whole wheat flour. guess i know what to give folks for christmas around here! 14:40:37
- always surprised when i come across folks who type in all caps. i don't like yelling. even when they don't know they're doing it. 16:37:11
Here are some pictures from our October adventures. This is all I had time to process today. More to come (eventually).
The month started off with Grace starting ballet lessons and Asher joining an official soccer team. Here is a picture of Grace in her ballet gear at the WRONG CLASS! This was the tumbling class. We eventually found the right room.
In October we had a visit from Oma and Opa. Here Asher and Grace help Opa get pizza ready for pizza night.
While the pizza was cooking Asher, Grace, and Opa built an indoor soccer goal.
Speaking of soccer, here’s Asher’s first soccer team. Today is the last game of the season. After the game today we’re going to a team pizza party. The roumor is that the whole team is also signing up for basketball… Do you think Coach K will still be at Duke in 14 years?
As I said, we eventually found the ballet class. Grace LOVES it!
We sat on the YMCA floor a lot in October.
Asher is working on spelling. For those wondering, the picture is “fencing.”
Here’s coach John teaching the team. The three things we learned this season: 1. Only the goalie can use hands. 2. The offense can go anywhere on the field 3. Defense can’t go over the black line.
Notice the jacket… it is getting cold!
I think this is the only time she wore the black outfit. It is usually the all pink one.
Here’s the class in action.
Asher didn’t go to the ballet class too often. It was pretty boring for him.
As I mentioned, these are just some of the photos. I’ll post more when I have “time.”
- hey neato. 'jumpstart kindergarten' works & only takes up one of the 2 computer screens. 17:17:00
- @mommyknows sounds completely reasonable. if i werent going on a date tonight my dinner would be candied almonds. in reply to mommyknows 17:13:48
- take that back. looks like perhaps only 1 of the 3 games we got that are "mac compatible" work here. 17:05:56
- thanks for the #FF @mommyknows, right back at cha. 17:00:43
- @ryan_burns i did & it hasn't helped. boo. in reply to ryan_burns 16:59:15
- playing library computer games w/the kids. ones that actually work on the mac! hooray! 16:58:16
- sooo….tired….. 16:05:32
- i'm guilty of using chemical cleaners off & on. either way though, this commercial is hilarious. http://bit.ly/4YuSxc 14:22:31
- @mommyknows nice! in reply to mommyknows 14:20:20
- grace asked for 4 pony tails today. not a typical white girl hairstyle but i think it's cute. 10:22:15
- need to come up w/cutesy explanation page & labels 4 the sprouted wheat flour 4 the auction. i can make flour. cutesy packaging not so much 10:17:01
** 11/28/09 CONTEST CLOSED, WINNER (JUDY L.) HAS BEEN CONTACTED **
I’ve been sitting on this post for…oh…2 months? oops. Sorry. Tropical Traditions sent me some of their Antioxidant Omega 3 Greens to try & review for you, uh…a few months ago. So: I’ve been using it almost daily all this time and I’ll just say it: I love it! I’ve tried some other brands of “mix with water & drink” greens powder & this by FAR tastes MUCH better. Of course being a bit of a ‘locavore’, i also have dehydrated and blended into powder greens bought from a local farm this summer. But….that is for sneaking into pasta and pizza and soups and meatloaf and…..ect. There are days (more than I’d like to admit) where our veggie consumption is minimal and thus the ‘cheat’ of a powdered greens drink. Not to mention that this also contains some digestive enzymes and probiotics to aid in the digestion of all this good stuff (and flax…and…and…lots of stuff). Here’s the thing. With the Tropical traditions brand I have no problem drinking a glass of it mixed with water. Any other brand it takes some effort to do so. If you mix it with juice, well…..it might as well be dessert! My favorite? I mix it in plain yogurt, add a little stevia extract, ground nuts & deem it breakfast. Yum.
What I’m saying is, if you need some help boosting your greens intake (esp in the winter when greens aren’t so readily available from the garden): I HIGHLY recommend the Tropical Traditions Antioxicant Omega 3 Greens. It’s a brand I trust and the taste & texture is bar-none. Disclaimer: Tropical Traditions provided me with a free sample of this product to review, and I was under no obligation to review it if I so chose. Nor was I under any obligation to write a positive review or sponsor a product giveaway in return for the free product…my opinion is my own. If it helps clarify, I intend to buy more when the current canister runs out.
Even better: You can win some! They have generously offered to provide one lucky winner with a container of greens shipped directly from Tropical Traditions. To enter simply head over to Tropical Traditions, sign up for their sales newsletter and let me know in the comments. If you’re already signed up for it, just let me know in the comments. Winner will be randomly selected out of some sort of container old-school slip of paper style on Saturday, Nov. 28 (when you’re feeling all fat & full of turkey, in need of some greens) and contacted via email. If there is no response in 48hrs I will select a new winner.
Good Luck and hey, speaking of the coconut oil company, have you seen their coconut recipes? I’ve found quite a few gems on that page.
Yes, you’re getting old… but so are we.
Despite my forgetfulness, Jennifer and I are celebrating 9 years of marriage today.
For those keeping count that’s:
5 or 6 fish
3 pets (2 dogs and a cat)
1 amazing marriage
I love you Jennifer.
Thank-you for saying yes.