I’ve mentioned before my nazi stance on email forwards, and my soft spot for the “40 questions” ones (the ones the sender answered & you’re supposed to send back with your answers). They are fun to read, even if i’m too lazy to reply 99% of the time.
Anyhow, there is a parallel to it in the “blogosphere”. I don’t actually know what it’s CALLED (“meme”? “tagging”?). But regardless, for the first time in my ‘blogging career’ i’ve been ‘tagged’. This is equivalent to receiving the fwd in my inbox. Since i got called out & tagged on a blog that i really enjoy (& yes, i felt special) i decided to put aside my snobbery & play. However, be forewarned there are 2 reasons I don’t particularly like these:
1) I have a problem choosing favorites. Commitment issues i guess.
2) I have a problem being brief. These are looking for one word (or less) answers. I will likely have a paragraph long parenthetical statement (which is another problem altogether…overuse of parenthesis). see what i mean?
Anyhow, without further adieu:
i was tagged by mommyknows:
1. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE? No, but my maiden name was Jones & there was an actress named Jennifer Jones. Oddly enough, growing up I only remember lunch ladies commenting on that fact.
2. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU CRIED? Last night watching The Office. Yes. The part at the end when Pam said, “you bought me a house!”. sniff. but no tears actually left my eyes. The last “real” cry was on friday while on the phone with the DMV in richmond VA (don’t even ask). I think i freaked the lady out on the other end of the line. Mental note: they get very nice when you cry.
3. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING? No. it’s never been great but typing has completely ruined it. I tried to take pen & paper notes last year in the seminary class one day & my hand cramped up. Took a laptop after that.
4. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT? see…favorites. it depends on the day, but it’s usually turkey. I do remember REALLY liking bologna, but i’ve not bought any since becoming a “health nut”. i guess i could try the applegate farms brand, but it’s crazy expensive for lunch meat.
5. DO YOU HAVE KIDS? Yes
6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU? of course i would! I’m awesome.
7. DO YOU USE SARCASM A LOT? NEVER. heh…i’m so funny.
8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS. Yes
9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP? No. 5 years ago, absolutely. at some point i “got old” & realized just this past year that I would definitely not do it now.
10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL? I don’t have one. it’s true, i don’t. Love me some pancakes though.
11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF? Not usually.
12. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG? Physically: not anymore. about a year ago I was working out at the gym 3x/week & was seriously buff. Now? Not sure how many pushup i could eek out, but not many. Emotionally: If tears are an indication of weakness, than absolutely not. However, I like to think that they are not.
13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM? again with the favorites. With a gun to my head I would say chocolate peanut butter, no brand loyalty. But i like change & variety.
14. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE? Noses
15. RED OR PINK? Pink. I don’t know what that’s supposed to symbolize but for the record i chose it b/c red makes me look pasty & splotchy.
16. WHAT IS THE LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF? I’m lazy & not very thoughtful.
17. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST? It’s a secret. I might be willing to divulge via email, but not on the “wide wide world of web” (10 points to anyone who knows where that’s from).
18. DO YOU WANT EVERYONE TO SEND THIS BACK TO YOU? Am I sending this? I must have missed the instructions. Now I’m all stressed out. (i left this as it was written on mommyknows)
19. WHAT COLOR SHOES ARE YOU WEARING? brown ‘suede’ slippers, with fake fur inside that sheds all over the house.
20. WHAT WAS THE LAST THING YOU ATE? roast beef, rice pilaf & broccoli, with some homemade bread. We had friends over for lunch after church…mmm….friends….
21. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW? football game on tv…go skins! (and playing seattle oddly enough). hey…seeing as how ‘great’ seattle’s been doing maybe the skins could win today!
22. IF YOU WHERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE? Brown. Again, it’s vanity driving the decision. I look good in brown.
23. FAVORITE SMELLS? Not to be too weird, but this is another one i won’t be able to disclose in the interweb. ha. but a new favorite: garlic pepper paste…or sauce…can’t remember what it’s called. It smells like South Korea…mmm…that makes me hungry.
24. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE? My younger sister Christine. She’s pregnant. Hope i’m allowed to post that on the wonderful world of web.
25. DO YOU LIKE THE PERSON WHO SENT THIS TO YOU? I don’t actually KNOW her, but based on reading her blog for the past year, I suspect I would.
26. FAVORITE SPORTS TO WATCH? Football. But prefer tv so they can explain what’s happening. Though I have learned a lot the past couple years. I wouldn’t be TOTALLY lost at a ‘real’ game.
27. HAIR COLOR? Light brown.
28. EYE COLOR? Dark Brown (that’s right..DARK…not just ‘brown’).
29. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS? Yes.
30. FAVORITE FOOD? I can’t commit to this one. But i love “exotic” type stuff. Non-beef or chicken meats with sweet & savory ingredients combined. &/or just about anything curry.
31. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS? happy ending. Due to a lifelong problem with nightmares, I no longer watch anything scary or read scary books. Whatta know? haven’t had a real nightmare in a long time.
32. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED? Can’t remember. But i have “Elizabeth” waiting for me on my DVR. haven’t seen it yet.
33. WHAT COLOR SHIRT ARE YOU WEARING? heh..brown. lookin’ goood.
34. SUMMER OR WINTER? Summer. that is if i HAD those to choose from. otherwise it would be fall.
35. HUGS OR KISSES? Hugs..wait…are you talking about the candy? in that case, neither. they taste like wax.
36. FAVORITE DESSERT? Nope, sorry. not claiming one (though it would probably include super dark chocolate).
37. MOST LIKELY TO RESPOND? your mom. (sorry…i used to say that ALL the time till about 7yrs ago when it came out at a most inappropriate time…that was a fun trip down memory lane).
38. LEAST LIKELY TO RESPOND. Whoever doesn’t feel like it
39. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING NOW? ‘Heaven’ by Randy Alcorn.
40. WHAT IS ON YOUR MOUSE PAD? I don’t use a mouse pad. I use the little square on my laptop & the big stationary ball thing on the ‘real’ computer.
41. WHAT DID YOU WATCH ON TV LAST NIGHT? The Office (love me some DVR).
42. FAVORITE SOUND. My kids laughing so hard they cry. They both have a super infectious laugh.
43. ROLLING STONES OR BEATLES? I’m not cool enough to be able to answer this intelligently. I would take a guess it’d be rolling stones, if i HAD to…but not familiar enough with both of them to REALLY know. But in highschool i was a MASSIVE Doors fan..does that give me cool points to make up for it?
44. WHAT IS THE FARTHEST YOU HAVE BEEN FROM HOME? Depends on what you mean by home. Being an ‘army brat’, i’ve lived Germany & visited a few places in Europe & lived in South Korea. I’d say South Korea FELT the farthest from home…culture shock & all that. But I ended up liking it there. I still miss the food…
45. DO YOU HAVE A SPECIAL TALENT? I play the flute. Not sure if that’s really ‘special’ though. Oh, i can also obsess over unnecessary details like it’s nobodies business.
46. WHERE WERE YOU BORN? Fayetteville North Carolina.
47. WHOSE ANSWERS ARE YOU LOOKING FORWARD TO GETTING BACK? You mean…going to see right? b/c they’re not sending them…they’re posting them on their blog (assuming they want to). right?
how’s it gonna stop at 47? much too random. I need 3 more questions.