For those concerned I might have jumped off the planet….where I’ve been/am/will be:
My parents came to visit (for 3 weeks!!! woohoo!!):
– Spent a week here in Bellingham…went apple picking (i forgot to bring the camera). Discovered the amazing combination of an “apple peeler/corer/slicer” + Dehydrator. Best apple chips ever. Ok…so I don’t know the last time i tasted an apple chip. But at the very least they were crazy cheap!
– Grace had a touch of cold or flu (24hrs w/a fever, a week of mild coughing)
– Ryan caught it and turned it into the plague
– My mom & i left him the kids & my dad (while he had the plague…yeah, i felt bad) for a weekend Women’s Retreat in Whidbey Island with my church…i found a plethora of wild rosehips. Picked about gallon of them. Still don’t know what to do with them (I already had rosehip tincture going). Biggest ‘nugget’ i took away from the weekend: Rather than a strict (or ‘weird’) dress code, modesty is really just Humility in action and applies to all areas of life (or a lot of them anyway…).
– Ryan got better. Asher got sick (but again, only a fever for about half a day then a week long cough).
– My laptop hard drive crashed. Thus I’m not on the computer much. going “all the way upstairs” where I can’t cook & surf at the same time has proven too annoying. Have I mentioned I’m spoiled? Yeah…I’m spoiled.
– Went to Victoria in BC (Canada) for 5 days, leaving Ryan behind to work like a maniac for the Logos 4 launch. Amazing time. Sweet resort, beautiful city. Thanks oma & opa!!! Oh & the Victoria Bug Zoo was a major highlight (for me anyway). I held a very large millipede, a small scorpion, and *shudder* a tarantula. That last one still makes me shiver, palms get sweaty, turns my stomach and..yeah, now I feel light-headed. Thought it might help the arachnophobia…it did not. I managed not to pass out, but definitely swooned. I also learned new things about ants. Last but not least I paid too much for a few packets of bugs to eat. Asher had chocolate covered crickets & meal worms, Grace had a lollipop w/a cricket in it and ate over half of my ‘salt & vinegar’ crickets. They were crispy & yummy. Just tasted like salt & vinegar chips.
– Spent the final week in Bellingham. The bug made it’s way to me, but I just had a very mild sore throat for 5 days (it hurt when I woke up and when I yawned. that’s it. weird).
– Halloween: Morning ballet class, went to a nearby church for a halloween festival w/games, toys, bouncy houses and minimal candy (score!). Grace was a pink & purple flower fairy, Asher was a white not-bald Mace Windu. Evening was soccer game followed by dinner at a burger joint in costume. Ryan was still in the throes of 13+hr workdays so there weren’t many photos. I’m a camera space cadet.
– 2 of the last 3 days of the Oma & Opa visit Ryan & I ditched the grandparents & kids & spent 2 nights in Seattle for an early celebration of our 9th anniversary (figured we should get it in while we had free over night babysitting around..it’s technically on the 18th). Ahhhh…that was fun.
Over the weekend found out the place we’re renting is going on the market to be sold, so that gives us incentive to try to figure out what we’re doing next (renting more? buying a house?). Nice to be moving forward (?), but interesting timing. We seem drawn to moving around the holidays. On the ‘keep the house very tidy at all times for a potential showing’ vein…I’m attempting to keep it positive. A ‘spotless’ house is really calming. It’s nice to have a good excuse to throw away clutter. …I had a month of almost zero cleaning and minimal cooking, lots of cleanup help. So no complaints here.
So there you have October/early November in a nut shell.